Great News: Ministers announced changes to Skilled, Visitor and Temporary Graduates visas
Last 25 November, Ministers announced the changes visa changes to support the reopening of Australia continuously.
Minister Alan Tudge announced changes on the Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485) to assist the international students and international education sector. The visa new settings include:
- Subclass 485 visa holders who have been unable to travel to Australia due to COVID-19 international border restrictions will be able to apply for a replacement visa. This will allow current and former Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa holders whose visas expired on or after 1 February 2020 to re-apply for a new subclass 485 visa of the same duration as their original visa.
- Additionally, the Morrison Government will increase the length of stay on the Temporary Graduate visa from two to three years for Masters by coursework graduates, matching that of Masters by research graduates. Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector graduates will also receive a two-year Temporary Graduate visa.
- The new visa settings will also extend existing measures for students and temporary graduates to recognise time spent offshore online studying to qualify for a temporary graduate visa.
Minister Alex Hawke announced changes in the Skilled and Visitor visas concessions as they recognise the contributions of the skilled migrants during the COVID-19 pandemic and as Australia welcome back the visitors once conditions are safe.
- Skilled Migration Visas
- For eligible skilled visa holders already in Australia
- Primarily working in health, hospitality and the region
- Will have improved access to permanent residence for:
- Existing Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) visa holders in the short-term stream
- Legacy Temporary Work Skilled (subclass 457) visa holders who no longer meet the age requirement.
- Current and expired skilled regional (provisional); subclass 489, 491 and 494 visas will be extended to provide additional time to meet regional work requirements for permanent residence
- Visitor Visas
- The new Visitor visa applicants overseas will have extended Visa Application Charge waivers for another six months if their visa expires or will expire between 1 January 2022 and 30 June 2022.
You can also visit and like our official Facebook page at Origin Migration & Education Visa Specialists to keep you updated on Australian Immigration news, events and promos!
Origin Migration offers immigration services tailored to Filipinos subclass 457 visa holder, conducting its operation to high commercial and ethical standards required by Department of Immigration and Boarder Protection and other government department and concerned agencies.